Welcome to Solo Voce Studio.
Do you want to improve your playing for school or orchestra? Do you want to learn more about chamber music? Do you want to polish a technical skill? Take violin or viola lessons and improve how you play. Work on technical skills, orchestra repertoire or chamber music.
Weekly lessons encourage consistent improvement on your instrument!
Why Study Music?
Did you know that studying music:
- Develops skills needed by the 21st century workforce: critical thinking, creative problem solving, effective communication, team work, and more.
- Keeps students engaged in school and less likely to drop out.
- Improves the atmosphere for learning.
- Helps students achieve in other academic subjects like math, science and reading.
- Helps communities share ideas and values among cultures and generations.
Laura Barnes opened Solo Voce Studio more than 20 years ago. Nestled inside her home in the Barkley neighborhood of Bellingham, WA, the Studio provides a fun, relaxed atmosphere conducive to instrumental study.
Laura accepts students as young as five. She works closely with the public school system in Bellingham and Ferndale, and can assist orchestra students develop their technique. A polished player in the Whatcom Symphony, Laura can also aid more advanced players improve their technical skills.
Laura received her BM in Music Performance at WWU. She is a member of the Whatcom Symphony, and has taught violin privately for more than 20 years. She is a member of the Suzuki Association of the Americas and a Certified Instructor of the Suzuki Method. Laura has worked as a coach and consultant for the Bellingham School District.
Please contact us with any questions using the form below. Thank you for your interest!
Solo Voce Studio
1475 Greenville Drive
Bellingham, WA 98226